Skip to main content

I have passed B.A.

 I have passed B.A.

I have passed B.A.

It’s a heavy load on head I have put on

The degree is too heavy; I’m unable to lift its weight

Where to take it, where to keep it

I’m already burdened with the heap of debt on my head

Now a heavy burden of degree too, I have put on my head

I have passed B.A.

 

The degree has taught lengthy lessons

But it didn’t teach us the shortcuts of earning

The teacher taught History and Geography

And on my own I learnt the lesson of love

I have passed B.A.


Thirty three percent marks, passed with third division

Without teachers I passed

Whatever way but somehow I passed it friend

Now I am wearing the graduation robe

I have passed B.A.

Why should I try my hands in small businesses?

I have to swindle, I’ll eat to my fill why merely taste

I’ll make a contractor’s license

I have lost all hopes of a government job

I have passed B.A.

N.S. Negi
Trans by Dr. Deepak Bijalwan
(From soon-to-be published book)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do I Dare!

Do I Dare! शान्तं शिवमद्वैतम् śāntaṃ śivam advaitam — Māṇḍūkya Upaniṣad 7 Do I dare! To allow my mind, to grope words to express This serendipity that falls with the growing night, Do I dare! Oh, a voice comes seeking permission to open eyes within and without, to unlatch all the windows of the self to let the light! Ah! See how it scatters into infinite colours, To say something about the energy that shakes and shivers my being, grossly and subtly, I just witness the play that unfolds, When I... behold such a highland beauty. Do I Dare to touch! Ah, Intangible! with all my adoration to the 'Divine Feminine'. Do I dare to ask you to let the self flow with the finitude of time, or the moment, synonyms though, and timeless. Do I dare, to dream of an utopian piece of earth, with all the highest that human eye and intelligence may grasp; This 'Adana Raga.... Shiva Shiva Shiva...' Do I dare, to dance, whole of body seems lifting up with this intense e...

कराह

तुम्हारी उम्रों के पैर थके हुए नजर आते हैं कि वो चल रही हैं सफर अपना, और बहुत लाज़मी भी है बातों का उसी तरह घटित होना जैसा कि उनको होना है तुम्हारे वहाँ होने से जहाँ कि तुम हो भल...

How Culture Influences Creative Art

Title: How culture influences creative art? Abstract When individuals in the journey of life express their vision of the world in their own way the output is absolutely influenced by the culture within and the culture out there. The culture out there is unavoidable and the culture within is created through the persistent and painstaking inquiry into ‘I’. Here in this article the focus would be upon how the culture around us influences creative art, the culture which is either flowing out from an individual to the society or coming from outside to individual and how the culture raises itself from the root and starts affecting the intellect in global scenario. Keywords: - Culture, Creativity, Poetry, Philosophy, Influence Introduction:- W hen a poem is penned down or any painting is delicately envisioned on the canvas or any mathematical derivation is expressed or a musical piece is created tenderly out of ecstasy with the strings of a lute; there are a lot of influential forces behind i...