Skip to main content

CAGED BIRDS

Like you
Not horrific, he looks
Twenty one people he savaged.
I am not a brutal killer
Instinctively thought I.

Twenty nine or may be
Around thirty he is
An age of exploring individual
What seems  palpable
In the eyes of Indian youth,
Some criminal gang he worked with.

In a secluded cell behind bars he stays
It bears outside ‘eikaantwaas’
That swiftly reminds me of gentle sainthood,
Government feeds such people lifetime
It is Law and system's mood

Some caged birds
With intense darkness on face
Looking out from cages
With dead hopes in weary eyes
And listening the chirruping of
Free birds outside.

Against feudalism
Sridatta had initiated hunger strike
And remained without food
For eighty four pathetic days
And died,
With a shining name on
Pages of history.

Do they regret?
Of what they have done
The question seeks our adequate awareness,
They must be in a rosy desire
Of boundless liberation  and
To take a fresh breathe
With a fearless flight.

(Inspired by a visit to Tehri Jail)
July, 25,2018
Copyright @ D. B. 'Anpadh'

Comments

Post a Comment

Dr. Deepak Bijalwan
Poet, Translator

Popular posts from this blog

Do I Dare!

Do I Dare! शान्तं शिवमद्वैतम् śāntaṃ śivam advaitam — Māṇḍūkya Upaniṣad 7 Do I dare! To allow my mind, to grope words to express This serendipity that falls with the growing night, Do I dare! Oh, a voice comes seeking permission to open eyes within and without, to unlatch all the windows of the self to let the light! Ah! See how it scatters into infinite colours, To say something about the energy that shakes and shivers my being, grossly and subtly, I just witness the play that unfolds, When I... behold such a highland beauty. Do I Dare to touch! Ah, Intangible! with all my adoration to the 'Divine Feminine'. Do I dare to ask you to let the self flow with the finitude of time, or the moment, synonyms though, and timeless. Do I dare, to dream of an utopian piece of earth, with all the highest that human eye and intelligence may grasp; This 'Adana Raga.... Shiva Shiva Shiva...' Do I dare, to dance, whole of body seems lifting up with this intense e...

कराह

तुम्हारी उम्रों के पैर थके हुए नजर आते हैं कि वो चल रही हैं सफर अपना, और बहुत लाज़मी भी है बातों का उसी तरह घटित होना जैसा कि उनको होना है तुम्हारे वहाँ होने से जहाँ कि तुम हो भल...

How Culture Influences Creative Art

Title: How culture influences creative art? Abstract When individuals in the journey of life express their vision of the world in their own way the output is absolutely influenced by the culture within and the culture out there. The culture out there is unavoidable and the culture within is created through the persistent and painstaking inquiry into ‘I’. Here in this article the focus would be upon how the culture around us influences creative art, the culture which is either flowing out from an individual to the society or coming from outside to individual and how the culture raises itself from the root and starts affecting the intellect in global scenario. Keywords: - Culture, Creativity, Poetry, Philosophy, Influence Introduction:- W hen a poem is penned down or any painting is delicately envisioned on the canvas or any mathematical derivation is expressed or a musical piece is created tenderly out of ecstasy with the strings of a lute; there are a lot of influential forces behind i...