Skip to main content

Do I Dare!

Do I Dare!

शान्तं शिवमद्वैतम्
śāntaṃ śivam advaitam
— Māṇḍūkya Upaniṣad 7

Do I dare! To allow my mind,
to grope words to express
This serendipity that falls with the growing night,

Do I dare!
Oh, a voice comes seeking permission
to open eyes within and without,
to unlatch all the windows of the self
to let the light!

Ah! See how it scatters
into infinite colours,

To say something about the energy
that shakes and shivers my being,
grossly and subtly,

I just witness the play that unfolds,
When I... behold such a highland beauty.


Do I Dare to touch!
Ah, Intangible!
with all my adoration to the 'Divine Feminine'.

Do I dare to ask you
to let the self flow
with the finitude of time, or the moment,
synonyms though, and timeless.

Do I dare,
to dream of an utopian piece of earth,
with all the highest that human eye
and intelligence may grasp;

This 'Adana Raga.... Shiva Shiva Shiva...'

Do I dare,
to dance,
whole of body seems lifting up
with this intense energy,

Such a grace you carry,
glows the Self.

O Eternal Beloved,
Yā Umā sā svayaṃ Viṣṇuḥ...

The dance that bursts forth,
Breath rides this self
up to the horizon of That.

Do I dare!
to ask you to remain
the way this silence envelops,
the utter romance.

Ah! The Starry Night,
The Timeless time and again.

Do you see these human lights
shatter this calmness,

Humans!

They have slaughtered countless trees,
just to comfort the human,
encroaching and animalistic.

See how they treat sensible Himvant,
The majestic Himalaya.

Do I Dare! To say...

“Can't you see everything is perfect?”

See that untouched mountain,
with no lights save that which descends from skies,

See how the moon shines
with a freshness mystic.


19 midnight, 20 morning, Sept 2026
Glass House, Srinagar Garhwal 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

कराह

तुम्हारी उम्रों के पैर थके हुए नजर आते हैं कि वो चल रही हैं सफर अपना, और बहुत लाज़मी भी है बातों का उसी तरह घटित होना जैसा कि उनको होना है तुम्हारे वहाँ होने से जहाँ कि तुम हो भल...

Transcending Borders

  Transcending Borders   Narendra Singh Negi and the Ethos of Romanticism Narendra Singh Negi, a poetic voice resonating through the gorgeous valleys of the Uttarakhand Himalayas, exemplifies the Romantic sensibility in a manner that transcends mere physical landscapes. His songs and poems, much like the European Romantics and American Transcendentalists, echo a longing for transcendence; an existential wish to connect profoundly with nature, humanity, and the cosmos. What sets Negi apart is his use of the vernacular tongue, drawing from the everyday life of shepherds, grass reapers, and villagers, blending the simplicity of the life of hill folk with the profound depth of Romantic thought. Negi’s songs and poems, akin to the poetic expressions of Romantic poets like Wordsworth, Keats, and Robert Frost, reflect an unfathomable reverence for nature. His lyrics whole-heartedly celebrate the feelings of love with a deep exploration of the human condition. Yet, h...