Skip to main content

Life is Expensive

 Life is Expensive


How to push it further, now life is so burdensome

No brother, it’s not our cup of tea to live such an expensive life

 

Flour, rice cost so much, pulses and cooking oil are no less

So expensive are essential groceries and medicines, how to save this life!

You might hear someday that the life has hanged itself to death

No brother, it is beyond us to live such an expensive life

 

 

Hospitality has become expensive, so have the clothes and school fees of children

Poor are facing the pangs of hunger even in their sleep

Life is spent in removing pricks and thorns of poverty

No brother, it’s not our cup of tea to live such an expensive life

 

It seems like there is a fire in bazaar, like an electric current is passing through things

Those who were trusted by the people are keeping mum

The lies of the leaders have changed the life for worse

No brother, it’s not our cup of tea to live such an expensive life


 

Hoarders and profiteers are running government of their own free will

Poor people are bearing the brunt of inflation

Life kept waiting for a cheaper time

No brother, it’s beyond our capacity to live such an expensive life

 

Life’s wheel is spinning on the support of pensions and money orders

Nobody is thinking about those miserable ones who are unemployed

Life has worn again a tag that of helplessness

No brother, it’s beyond our capacity to live such an expensive life


N.S. Negi

Translated by Dr. Deepak Bijalwan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do I Dare!

Do I Dare! शान्तं शिवमद्वैतम् śāntaṃ śivam advaitam — Māṇḍūkya Upaniṣad 7 Do I dare! To allow my mind, to grope words to express This serendipity that falls with the growing night, Do I dare! Oh, a voice comes seeking permission to open eyes within and without, to unlatch all the windows of the self to let the light! Ah! See how it scatters into infinite colours, To say something about the energy that shakes and shivers my being, grossly and subtly, I just witness the play that unfolds, When I... behold such a highland beauty. Do I Dare to touch! Ah, Intangible! with all my adoration to the 'Divine Feminine'. Do I dare to ask you to let the self flow with the finitude of time, or the moment, synonyms though, and timeless. Do I dare, to dream of an utopian piece of earth, with all the highest that human eye and intelligence may grasp; This 'Adana Raga.... Shiva Shiva Shiva...' Do I dare, to dance, whole of body seems lifting up with this intense e...

कराह

तुम्हारी उम्रों के पैर थके हुए नजर आते हैं कि वो चल रही हैं सफर अपना, और बहुत लाज़मी भी है बातों का उसी तरह घटित होना जैसा कि उनको होना है तुम्हारे वहाँ होने से जहाँ कि तुम हो भल...

How Culture Influences Creative Art

Title: How culture influences creative art? Abstract When individuals in the journey of life express their vision of the world in their own way the output is absolutely influenced by the culture within and the culture out there. The culture out there is unavoidable and the culture within is created through the persistent and painstaking inquiry into ‘I’. Here in this article the focus would be upon how the culture around us influences creative art, the culture which is either flowing out from an individual to the society or coming from outside to individual and how the culture raises itself from the root and starts affecting the intellect in global scenario. Keywords: - Culture, Creativity, Poetry, Philosophy, Influence Introduction:- W hen a poem is penned down or any painting is delicately envisioned on the canvas or any mathematical derivation is expressed or a musical piece is created tenderly out of ecstasy with the strings of a lute; there are a lot of influential forces behind i...