Skip to main content

Translation of Narendra Singh Negi

Narendra Singh Negi (Author)

Born on 12 august 1949 in Pauri district of Himalayan state Uttarakhand; He started his music career from his home town and then performed in almost all the major countries across the globe. He
composed his music in the folk genre and depicted the ethos of hill life of Uttarakahand. Mr. Negi also served as a District Information officer in information and public relation department but left his job for his music and writing career. Narendra Singh Negi is a name which shines out brightly in Garhwali folk music and now he is an institution in himself after serving for hill life through his music almost for five decades. He has been awarded in various occasions from public around the globe. His contribution in the folk music, language and literature of Uttarakhand is outstanding.

Deepak Bijalwan (Translator)

Born on 10 October 1993 in Tehri Garhwal, Uttarakhand. He completed his schooling from his hometown and then graduated from Gaurukula Kangri University Haridwar. He is passionate enough in poetry and philosophy and hence turned himself in literature for his masters. During his MA he published his debut book, an anthology of poems in English titled “Pages of My College Diary”. He started translating Narendra Singh Negi back in 2017 which now you hold in your hands in a book form. He has been publishing numerous poems and short length articles on various issues in news
papers. Presently from November 2017 he is pursuing his Phd in English from HNB Garhwal Central University, Uttarakhand.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do I Dare!

Do I Dare! शान्तं शिवमद्वैतम् śāntaṃ śivam advaitam — Māṇḍūkya Upaniṣad 7 Do I dare! To allow my mind, to grope words to express This serendipity that falls with the growing night, Do I dare! Oh, a voice comes seeking permission to open eyes within and without, to unlatch all the windows of the self to let the light! Ah! See how it scatters into infinite colours, To say something about the energy that shakes and shivers my being, grossly and subtly, I just witness the play that unfolds, When I... behold such a highland beauty. Do I Dare to touch! Ah, Intangible! with all my adoration to the 'Divine Feminine'. Do I dare to ask you to let the self flow with the finitude of time, or the moment, synonyms though, and timeless. Do I dare, to dream of an utopian piece of earth, with all the highest that human eye and intelligence may grasp; This 'Adana Raga.... Shiva Shiva Shiva...' Do I dare, to dance, whole of body seems lifting up with this intense e...

कराह

तुम्हारी उम्रों के पैर थके हुए नजर आते हैं कि वो चल रही हैं सफर अपना, और बहुत लाज़मी भी है बातों का उसी तरह घटित होना जैसा कि उनको होना है तुम्हारे वहाँ होने से जहाँ कि तुम हो भल...

How Culture Influences Creative Art

Title: How culture influences creative art? Abstract When individuals in the journey of life express their vision of the world in their own way the output is absolutely influenced by the culture within and the culture out there. The culture out there is unavoidable and the culture within is created through the persistent and painstaking inquiry into ‘I’. Here in this article the focus would be upon how the culture around us influences creative art, the culture which is either flowing out from an individual to the society or coming from outside to individual and how the culture raises itself from the root and starts affecting the intellect in global scenario. Keywords: - Culture, Creativity, Poetry, Philosophy, Influence Introduction:- W hen a poem is penned down or any painting is delicately envisioned on the canvas or any mathematical derivation is expressed or a musical piece is created tenderly out of ecstasy with the strings of a lute; there are a lot of influential forces behind i...