Skip to main content

Saawan

Saawan
In the month of Saawan
Misty all around, how to survive beloved mother of mine,
The dark night
With drizzling outside and brimful memories of thine.

Beyond mountains heavy roar of clouds
Ruthlessly it starts raining
Baaduli I do have
In the month of Saawan 

The rills and mountains make boisterous sound
You at alien land and lonely I at home
My heart dreads
In the month of Saawan

Children at home, work remains undone in fields
Pathetically it rains and I need to collect grass too
Uptight my clothes are
In the month of Saawan

Alone I am with delicate heart of mine
This entire monsoon tears enough
From my eyes would flow
In the month of Saawan
Gone the days of heavy rains
Gone the monsoon but my eyes remains wet
How they’ll get dry
In the month of Saawan

            Trans on : Aug/20/2018
             Copy @ Deepak Bijalwan
(I tried to made a sense to sense translation after a healthy discussion with songster Mr.  Negi)







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do I Dare!

Do I Dare! शान्तं शिवमद्वैतम् śāntaṃ śivam advaitam — Māṇḍūkya Upaniṣad 7 Do I dare! To allow my mind, to grope words to express This serendipity that falls with the growing night, Do I dare! Oh, a voice comes seeking permission to open eyes within and without, to unlatch all the windows of the self to let the light! Ah! See how it scatters into infinite colours, To say something about the energy that shakes and shivers my being, grossly and subtly, I just witness the play that unfolds, When I... behold such a highland beauty. Do I Dare to touch! Ah, Intangible! with all my adoration to the 'Divine Feminine'. Do I dare to ask you to let the self flow with the finitude of time, or the moment, synonyms though, and timeless. Do I dare, to dream of an utopian piece of earth, with all the highest that human eye and intelligence may grasp; This 'Adana Raga.... Shiva Shiva Shiva...' Do I dare, to dance, whole of body seems lifting up with this intense e...

कराह

तुम्हारी उम्रों के पैर थके हुए नजर आते हैं कि वो चल रही हैं सफर अपना, और बहुत लाज़मी भी है बातों का उसी तरह घटित होना जैसा कि उनको होना है तुम्हारे वहाँ होने से जहाँ कि तुम हो भल...

How Culture Influences Creative Art

Title: How culture influences creative art? Abstract When individuals in the journey of life express their vision of the world in their own way the output is absolutely influenced by the culture within and the culture out there. The culture out there is unavoidable and the culture within is created through the persistent and painstaking inquiry into ‘I’. Here in this article the focus would be upon how the culture around us influences creative art, the culture which is either flowing out from an individual to the society or coming from outside to individual and how the culture raises itself from the root and starts affecting the intellect in global scenario. Keywords: - Culture, Creativity, Poetry, Philosophy, Influence Introduction:- W hen a poem is penned down or any painting is delicately envisioned on the canvas or any mathematical derivation is expressed or a musical piece is created tenderly out of ecstasy with the strings of a lute; there are a lot of influential forces behind i...