Skip to main content

O’ TRAVELER OF THE NOONTIME

O’ TRAVELER OF THE NOONTIME
(translation from original garhwali "dofra ka batoi" by N. S.  Negi,)

O’ traveler of the noontime
In the shade of love
Lighten up for a moment
Lighten up.

With the heart craving adequate
How far will you walk?
Lighten up for a moment.

Everything, all the rills and rivers are waterless
Gone the glow of my face
Eyes no longer have tears
No… do not let the hopes die
O’ traveler of the noontime
In the shade of love
Lighten up for a moment.

From roots of oak tree Chagal is full with water (Chagal – a kind of pot made by wool keeping water cold)
Drink till satisfaction
Desires remain not forever.
Who’ll give you a voice tomorrow?
O’ traveler of the noontime
Lighten up for a moment.

You are entrapped within the transient beauty
Never went profound into the spirit
I burnt inside but you never stirred ashes
Ruthless, merciless you are
O’ traveler of the noontime
In the shade of love
Lighten up for a moment.

A few words with passionate love
Would have been enough for me
You never uttered
I couldn’t fix your unsatisfied heart,
Tell me a remedy.
O’ traveler of the noontime
In the shade of love
Lighten up for a moment.

Come back to me if you don’t find shade
Be like a skylark
Open your hands before nobody
Don’t move to the hell
O’ traveler of the noontime
In the shade of love
Lighten up for a moment.

Trans. On July/10/2018,
By Deepak Bijalwan(copyright)
(I tried to made a sense to sense translation after a healthy discussion with songster Mr.  Negi)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do I Dare!

Do I Dare! शान्तं शिवमद्वैतम् śāntaṃ śivam advaitam — Māṇḍūkya Upaniṣad 7 Do I dare! To allow my mind, to grope words to express This serendipity that falls with the growing night, Do I dare! Oh, a voice comes seeking permission to open eyes within and without, to unlatch all the windows of the self to let the light! Ah! See how it scatters into infinite colours, To say something about the energy that shakes and shivers my being, grossly and subtly, I just witness the play that unfolds, When I... behold such a highland beauty. Do I Dare to touch! Ah, Intangible! with all my adoration to the 'Divine Feminine'. Do I dare to ask you to let the self flow with the finitude of time, or the moment, synonyms though, and timeless. Do I dare, to dream of an utopian piece of earth, with all the highest that human eye and intelligence may grasp; This 'Adana Raga.... Shiva Shiva Shiva...' Do I dare, to dance, whole of body seems lifting up with this intense e...

कराह

तुम्हारी उम्रों के पैर थके हुए नजर आते हैं कि वो चल रही हैं सफर अपना, और बहुत लाज़मी भी है बातों का उसी तरह घटित होना जैसा कि उनको होना है तुम्हारे वहाँ होने से जहाँ कि तुम हो भल...

How Culture Influences Creative Art

Title: How culture influences creative art? Abstract When individuals in the journey of life express their vision of the world in their own way the output is absolutely influenced by the culture within and the culture out there. The culture out there is unavoidable and the culture within is created through the persistent and painstaking inquiry into ‘I’. Here in this article the focus would be upon how the culture around us influences creative art, the culture which is either flowing out from an individual to the society or coming from outside to individual and how the culture raises itself from the root and starts affecting the intellect in global scenario. Keywords: - Culture, Creativity, Poetry, Philosophy, Influence Introduction:- W hen a poem is penned down or any painting is delicately envisioned on the canvas or any mathematical derivation is expressed or a musical piece is created tenderly out of ecstasy with the strings of a lute; there are a lot of influential forces behind i...