'A Stream of Himalayan Melody: Selected Songs of Narendra Singh Negi' is a book which consists 40 selected songs of highly respected bard and songster of Garhwal Himalayas Mr. Narendra Singh Negi. Translation is done by Deepak Bijalwan, a Research Scholar at Dept. Of English, Modern European and other foreign languages in HNB Garhwal Central University. Translator has put 40 songs in four categories, 'Songs of Reminiscences' , 'Songs of Eco-prescience', 'Songs of Love's , and ' Miscellaneous Songs'
Do I Dare! शान्तं शिवमद्वैतम् śāntaṃ śivam advaitam — Māṇḍūkya Upaniṣad 7 Do I dare! To allow my mind, to grope words to express This serendipity that falls with the growing night, Do I dare! Oh, a voice comes seeking permission to open eyes within and without, to unlatch all the windows of the self to let the light! Ah! See how it scatters into infinite colours, To say something about the energy that shakes and shivers my being, grossly and subtly, I just witness the play that unfolds, When I... behold such a highland beauty. Do I Dare to touch! Ah, Intangible! with all my adoration to the 'Divine Feminine'. Do I dare to ask you to let the self flow with the finitude of time, or the moment, synonyms though, and timeless. Do I dare, to dream of an utopian piece of earth, with all the highest that human eye and intelligence may grasp; This 'Adana Raga.... Shiva Shiva Shiva...' Do I dare, to dance, whole of body seems lifting up with this intense e...
Comments
Post a Comment
Dr. Deepak Bijalwan
Poet, Translator